Search Postgresql Archives

Re: walreceiver fails on asynchronous replica [EXTERNAL] [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

At Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:23:37 +0000, Mark Schloss <Mark.Schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> Thank you for your reply. I can confirm there were no changes made to the config of the replica.

Okay.

> Is there any significance in the parameters in the commit record -
> 'inval msgs: catcache 21; sync'.

I think it is not relevant.

> - The walreceiver on the barman server did not fail but the WAL file does not contain the commit transaction

I don't have detailed knowledge of barman's behavior, but it seems to
be quite normal for barman to write out only on receiving a commit
record. What I don't understand here is how those WAL files on the
barman server are related to the failed replicas.

>From the information you provided, I guess that the replicas somehow
obtain the currently-written WAL file from the barman server at a
certain time through a route unknown to me, but you seem to know
that. I think that relationship has not been explained here.

Could you explain the routes and timings that WAL files are copied
between the servers?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi