Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Users and object privileges maintenance

On 18.02.2024 15:19, Dominique Devienne wrote:
On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 12:30 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2. In PostgreSQL, there is the important concept of ownership, which is not tied to the schema.
   The owner is the user who created the object.

Personally I find that confusing. I wouldn't mind schema objects all belonging to the one owner.
Or being to enforce that, as an opt-in option. Not sure what's the benefits of different owners for a schemas objects are.
The situation is even more confusing :-)
Roles with membership in object owner role acts as an owner.
For example they can modify or drop object or grant/revoke access to object.
--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com