Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Mimic ALIAS in Postgresql?

On 1/16/24 09:20, Ron Johnson wrote:
Some RDBMSs have CREATE ALIAS, which allows you to refer to a table by a different name (while also referring to it by the original name).

Maybe updatable views?
CREATE VIEW mtqry.sometable AS SELECT * FROM mtuser.sometable;

Assuming sometable is the same name in both schemas then the above will not work as:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createview.html

"The name of the view must be distinct from the name of any other
relation (table, sequence, index, view, materialized view, or foreign
table) in the same schema."

You would get a conflict with the existing table MTQRY.sometable.

Though I noticed you have both MTQRY and MYQRY referring to the same thing, I think.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx