Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Unable to start postgresql-14

On 12/24/23 08:03, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:
Was this backup taken before the data directory was deleted?

Yes. I restored it from a 1-day old backup, but unfortunately, I couldn't apply the logs.

If the backup was done using pg_dump as mentioned below why where you applying logs?

You need to provide more information about what the customized script does and what logs you are using?

If so how was the backup done?
It was taken with a customized script that uses pg_dump.

Does this mean you recreated the data directory from some source and
then ran pg_resetwal?

I recreated it from the backup

Do you mean you did a pg_dumpall from the Postgres instance running on
the restored data directory?

Yes. And it failed

--
Adrian Klaver