Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones

Lincoln Swaine-Moore <lswainemoore@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Excellent, thank you. So just to be explicit here, I could either run this
> function, or set/run my query/set back, with the same behavior/safety
> guarantees as if I was using the generate_series function with timezone
> from v16?

Yeah.  One thing to keep in mind is that that might have different
behavior in terms of the evaluation of the arguments to the function,
ie which timezone setting is your input parsed according to.

			regards, tom lane