Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [EXT]Re: Connection not allowed because of an error 'Not in pg_hba.conf'

Thanks for your  answer,
I have done a complete pg_dump and complete restore, and tried all forms of complete pg_dumps and restores (i.e. the different formats). There is no partial or tables only or data only dumping or restoring. Further, you refer to a 'check constraint' but this is just a function that we wrote with the 'create function...' command, whose name if memory serves correctly happens to begin by 'check...' because that happens to be the most descriptive word for what it does.

The pg_restore is actually correctly recreating the function using the 'create function...' command, but it is doing so on line 95, ahead of the 'create table ... accounts ...' which appears on line 510. The trouble is that in the function itself, we refer to the accounts table, and if I am not mistaken, the whole point of pl/pgsql is that you can refer to tables, etc. so I don't think I have done anything 'illegal'.

I attach the text of the entire create function instruction, and also of the create table instruction.

CREATE FUNCTION public.check_account_from_bill_items(id integer) RETURNS boolean
    LANGUAGE plpgsql
    AS $$
DECLARE
exp varchar;

BEGIN
select into exp account from bill_items where account in (select name from accounts where type='Expense' or type='Asset' or type='Stock') and bill_items.id=id;
if exp is not null then
return true;
else
return false;
end if;

END;
$$;

CREATE TABLE public.accounts (
    name character varying NOT NULL,
    type character varying NOT NULL,
    vat real,
    account_name character varying,
    account_number character varying,
    sorting_code character varying,
    security_code character varying,
    website character varying,
    email character varying,
    username character varying,
    password character varying,
    institution character varying,
    address text,
    telephone character varying,
    description text,
    security_no_for_telephone character varying,
    id integer NOT NULL,
    subtype character varying,
    jnbp numeric(3,2) DEFAULT 0.5,
    currency character(3) DEFAULT 'GBP'::bpchar,
    foreign_currency character(3),
    stopped_using date,
    vat_purchase boolean DEFAULT false,
    vat_income boolean DEFAULT false,
    balance_sheet_type character varying
);

ALTER TABLE public.accounts

Looking at the documentation for Create Function, I'm not entirely sure whether there is anything in there which is not supposed to be there. At any rate, the system does not seem to allow the creation of functions that are 'illegal' for the most part, and I cannot see why anything in here WOULD be illegal.

We are working with version 10.23, and I cannot send you the entire output of the pg_dump file because it is 3.3 GB, but am happy to send you any parts that might help.

Many thanks for you help - any further suggestions would be great!