Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Huge input lookup exception when trying to create the index for XML data type column in postgreSQL

On 9/7/23 23:51, Sai Teja wrote:
Thank you so much for all your responses.

I just tried with Hash, GIN etc

But it didn't worked. And I think it is because of "Xpath" expression which I used in the index create command.

But is there any alternative way to change this Xpath? Since I need to parse the XML as there is no other option. I need the other ways to create the index .

May be if there are any parameters to change like xmloption etc it would help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Sai

What is a typical value returned by your xpath statement? (XPATH (‘directory/access/mode/@Identifier’, content))