Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Huge input lookup exception when trying to create the index for XML data type column in postgreSQL

On 07/09/2023 21:09 CEST Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sai Teja <saitejasaichintalapudi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > We have one table which is storing XML data with 30k records and stores
> > huge amount of data.
> > We are trying to create the index for this column in the table. But, we’re
> > getting “Huge input Lookup error” during creation of Index.
>
> There is no such string anywhere in the Postgres source code;
> furthermore, if someone tried to add such an error, it'd get rejected
> (I hope) as not conforming to our style guidelines.  I thought maybe
> it's coming from libxml or the xpath code, but I couldn't get a match
> for it anywhere in Debian Code Search either.  Is that the *exact*
> spelling of the message?  Are you sure it's not coming from your
> client-side code?

Looks like "Huge input lookup" as reported in [1] (also from Sai) and that
error is from libxml.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CADBXDMV_D3pBaSA5ZfUWnQP42ZO1YsbP9GZv8t1FncdGTiLMug%40mail.gmail.com

--
Erik