Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Will PostgreSQL 16 supports native transparent data encryption ?

El día jueves, septiembre 07, 2023 a las 12:33:06 -0400, Stephen Frost escribió:

> * Matthias Apitz (guru@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > >
> > > There's ongoing work happening for TDE support and we'd love to hear
> > > from folks who would like to see it included. You can expect an updated
> > > patch set for the September commitfest. Getting more folks to test it
> > > and use it and review it would certainly help move it forward.
> >
> > We have strong interest in TDE support and I would be happy to
> > test this with our Library Management System.
>
> Great, glad to hear that.  Note that this is still very much a
> development effort and so some familiarity with how to build PostgreSQL
> from source, apply patches, and then run the resulting binaries is
> necessary to test.  If you're still interested, there's patches that
> have been posted, just let me know.

We ported our LMS from Sybase and Oracle to PostgreSQL some years ago
and compiled PostgreSQL on SuSE Linux always from source, IIRC starting
with version 11.0. We have even own modifications to improve the logging
of the ESQL/C layer of PostgreSQL , and for fixing a smaller bug.

I personally count with 30++ UNIX experience in FreeBSD, SVR4, Solaris
SPARC, AIX, HP-UX and Linux.

Said that, I don't see any problem applying the patches and compile the
binaries.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045