Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Will PostgreSQL 16 supports native transparent data encryption ?

message from Stephen Frost <sfrost@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:sfrost@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Greetings,
>

> * Ron (ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx>) wrote:

> > > Not, PG 16 will not support it, and I am unclear if later major versions
> > > will either.
> >
> > That's disappointing, since TDE makes PCI audits that much simpler.
>

> There's ongoing work happening for TDE support and we'd love to hear
> from folks who would like to see it included. You can expect an updated
> patch set for the September commitfest. Getting more folks to test it
> and use it and review it would certainly help move it forward.

Hello Stephen et all,

We have strong interest in TDE support and I would be happy to
test this with our Library Management System.

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045