Search Postgresql Archives

Taking too much time to fetch the data from Azure postgreSQL Large objects (pg_largeobjects)

Hi Team,

We have bytea data stored in pg_largeobjects (Large objects table)

Here , the data is 675 MB. We are using Large objects client interface API provided by postgreSQL to retrieve the data (lo_read, lo_open etc)

When I try to fetch the data from local it took 30-35 sec to retrieve the content from DB.
Whereas, azure postgreSQL is keep on executing even it is more than 1hr.

I'm using Java code to retrieve the data as you can see that code, network speed everything is same but when I point to azure postgreSQL the latency is very high.

If anyone knows what can be root cause or how can I retrieve the file like local. It would help me a lot and appreciated.

Azure postgreSQL version: 14.8 - Hosted in Germany west
Local postgreSQL version: 15.1 - Hosted in India

Even script ran in Germany (I thought network latency/region is the issue) there is still high latency.

I request to please suggest any ideas/solution to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Sai