Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Prompt User From a pgplsql Function

Well, I haven't tried it yet, but I don't believe it will. It will be the same
connection in the same transaction. In other triggers, I've done something
similiar by inserting a record into a special table called "override" and
have other triggers that fire in the same transaction look for a record in
that table in order to make a decision about what course of action to take.
All the other triggers are able to see the record. I don't see this as being
any different. After I try it, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the input...

On Saturday 29 January 2005 02:00 pm, Ragnar Hafstaà saith:
> On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 13:21 -0500, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
>
> [on prompting user in the middle of a transaction]
>
> > Thanks for the reply, Tom. I just had an idea about writting the answer
> > from the client to a table designed for that purpose. It could have a
> > unique key as the pid and a column for storing the answer. When the
> > notice receiver returns, I could have the function check for the answer
> > in the table. I have successfully created my own notice receiver and it
> > works.
>
> won't there be visibility problems with this ?
>
> gnari

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend