Search Postgresql Archives

Re: My 1st JDBC and PostgreSQL

You get the value you're willing to work for as a general rule.  It takes more effort to admin a real SQL server than an easy embedded DB.  Your interpretation is spot on.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 8:18 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/19/23 18:11, Chuck Davis wrote:
> Postgresql is a sophisticated database server.  You can do what you're
> attempting with something like Derby at the connection.  But with
> Postgresql "you get what you pay for".

Not sure what "you get what you pay for" means in this context?

My take is you are differentiating between embedded databases such as
Derby and SQLite which are tied to a specific client and client/server
databases like Postgres and MySQL which stand alone and are connected to
by any number of clients.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx