Search Postgresql Archives

Re: TSQL To Postgres - Unpivot/Union All

CREATE TEMP TABLE temp_FieldFlowsFact (
    Account varchar(20),
    "Calendar day" DATE,
    "Financial year" varchar(5),
    Period varchar(8),
    "Period type" varchar(10),
    Metric varchar(50),
    "Metric Value" float
)
It was created as a temp table in SQLServer, but it does not have to be in Postgres. Thanks

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 at 16:51, Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 at 15:28, Anthony Apollis <anthony.apollis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am attaching my TSQL and Postgres SQL:

You're still missing some CREATEs, for example for temp_FieldFlowsFact.

Even assuming your columns list is correct, I would still (and as a
matter of habit) include the target column list in your INSERT
statements, if only to make your own life easier, but especially
because any later changes to the tables could end up shifting the
position of the columns.

Certainly it will be easier for anyone else trying to disentangle the SQL later.

As an aside, can you clarify whether you mean temporal tables (and are
you using a temporal tables extension)? Or should that read
"temporary"?

Geoff