Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port

On 5/2/23 13:15, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

Oh, I think your idea to use pgbouncer to take care of the SSL termination is elegant. I don't think me I'd characterize it as a hack if properly set up. Why do you consider it a hack?
*t

Let me guess:  postgres IS NOT listening on the other port, pgbouncer is with it's own users and mappings and protocol setup and then sending what ever's  encrypted to the actual port postgres  is listening on which could have been used directly (with maybe on less cert?)

I use pgbouncer btw.  For balance.