Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration

> We have an Oracle DB which is around 1TB and we want to migrate to
> PostgreSQL that have a new table structure, so we want to perform
> data transformation and real time CDC from Oracle to PostgreSQL. Do
> we have any good open source tool to achieve this with No Coding
> involved.??

To meet all of your requirements, you are almost certainly going to need to look at a commercial solution such as:

* EDB's xDB.
* Oracle's Golden Gate.
* FiveTran's HVR.

We've used xDB successfully in the past for this type of migration.

One open-source change capture tool that you might investigate is:

	https://www.symmetricds.org

I personally don't have experience with it, but it might be suitable.

Best,
-- Christophe