Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can't connect to server

On 3/17/23 23:10, Wu, Abigaile wrote:
I am writing to seek your assistance with a problem I am facing while using pgAdmin4. After downloading the PostgreSQL 15, I downloaded the latest version of Pgadmin 4 and then I click the server and choose PostgreSQL 15. Whenever I try to log in to the server after entering my password, I receive the following error message:

"Connection to server at "localhost"(::1), port 5432 failed: could not initiate GSSAPI security context: The operation or option is not available: credential handle connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 5432 failed: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"."

Could you please advise me on how to resolve this issue? I would be grateful if you could provide me with any instructions or guidance on what steps I can take to fix this problem and gain access to the server.

OS and version?

Where did you install Postgres 15 from?

Where did you install pgAdmin4 from?

What are the contents of your pg_hba.conf file?

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

	*Abigaile Wu*

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

*Full-Time MBA Candidate 2023*

*Graduate Assistant - Admission Team