Search Postgresql Archives

Uppercase version of ß desired

HI:

I would be really happy if postgresql  had an upper case version of the ß german character. The wiki page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9F

indicates that the capital (U+1E9E LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SHARP S) was encoded by ISO 10646 in 2008.

BTW the reason that I'd like upper('ß') to give something different than 'ß'  is because I have written a simple substitution puzzle for a large number of languages where I show the encrypted lower case words in upper case and the successful letter substitution submissions in lower case - so I need the upper and lower case versions of each letter to be different!

Thanks for any assistance! Maybe I can hack what I want in python (which is what I am using for the puzzle).

Celia McInnis