Search Postgresql Archives

Multiple core dump errors are thrown by initdb when Huge pages are enabled in OS and huge_pages is set to “off” in postgresql.conf.sample in Kubernetes.

Hi,

We are facing following issue with postgres db with Kubernetes. Is huge pages not supported in Kubernetes environment?

Multiple core dump errors are thrown by initdb when Huge pages are enabled in OS and huge_pages is set to “off” in postgresql.conf.sample in Kubernetes.

In this case, the initdb utility exists with code, success message is also printed in its logs and DB server is started successfully.

Queries:

How can this issue be fixed?

If no, can these errors be ignored or is there any repercussion of these errors, since DB is initialized & started successfully.

NOTE: If we do not set huge_pages to “off”, and use its default value, then db is also not starting.

Regards

Tarkeshwar

xxxx