Search Postgresql Archives

CREATE/DROP ROLE transactional? GRANT/REVOKE?

Hi. Perhaps I missed it in the doc (e.g. [1]), but are DDLs around ROLEs and GRANTs transactional?

Since I'm creating many ROLEs and making many GRANTs, based info I read from PostgreSQL itself (in pg_catalog and elsewhere), should everything be in a single transaction?

FWIW, I come from Oracle (where DDL is non-transactional and an implicit COMMIT), and SQLite (where ROLEs and GRANTs don't apply), thus this perhaps silly question.

I'm already aware that SCHEMAs, TABLEs, etc... are transactionally created.
But given that ROLEs are cluster-wide, and the doc on DDLs say nothing, I prefer to ask.

Thanks, --DD

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-droprole.html