Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Row Level Security Policy Name in Error Message

> On 6 Mar 2023, at 01:18, Louis Tian <louis.tian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wondering whether there is a way to get the row-level security policy name in the error message when it's violated.
> I am only getting a more generic error message like this.
> ERROR:  new row violates row-level security policy for table "table_name"

If memory serves me right.  The name will be included in the error message in
case the operation violated a specific restrictive policy.  If no permissive
policy was found that would allow the operation then the error message will be
what you saw without a policy name (since none was explicitly violated).

--
Daniel Gustafsson