Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode?

>> bryn@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> I’ve no idea how I might have found this without human help.
>
> xof@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> That sounds like an excellent documentation patch!

Well, it’s already documented clearly enough. The question is how to find it—especially if you don’t know that the feature that you’re looking for exists or not. The psql doc would print out at about thirty pages with a normal font size. So reading it from top to bottom would be quite a task.