Search Postgresql Archives

Re: valgrind a background worker

Aha! Thanks Tom! This will be my first time using valgrind, so I was unaware of trace-children, and getting it to attach to forked stuff was exactly where I thought the difficulty would lie.

This is great, much appreciated!

I’m suspecting that the leak might be coming from initStringInfo(), as I see a palloc() in there and no associated pfree() in my background worker’s code, but looking at the elog backend code, it looks like maybe you only have to explicitly free buf if you relocate it larger?
--
Jon Erdman