Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL 13.9.3 Uninstall fails with "Unable to initialize any installation mode"

On 2/10/23 9:56 AM, Lawrence, Mike (DTST) wrote:
Hi Adrian,
I downloaded "postgresql-13.9-3-windows-x64.exe" from https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads.

I went to Windows 11 Apps > Apps & Features, found PostgreSQL 13 and used the Uninstall option from there. I also tried executing "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\uninstall-postgresql.exe" directly with and without Compatibility mode and had the same problem.

I am only an occasional Windows user and have not really used Windows 11, so I don't have a way to test on my end.

I did find:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98

" Uninstall in Settings

    Select Start > Settings  > Apps > Apps & features .

    Find the app you want to remove, select More  > Uninstall.

Note: Some apps can't be uninstalled from the Settings app right now. For help uninstalling these apps, follow the instructions to uninstall from Control Panel.

 Uninstall from Control Panel

In search on the taskbar, enter Control Panel and select it from the results.

    Select Programs > Programs and Features.

Press and hold (or right-click) on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.

"

Mike

Internal Use - Confidential