Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries

On 8/24/22 2:01 PM, Hillary Masha wrote:
Thank you for sending the email to them, i had sent an email to techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> last week but haven't heard back. I need the zip files as my team uses a script that installs the postgres versions to multiple machines using the binaries.

As I understand it you can unzip them and the issue is just with the 'Extract All' process. In other words they are valid except for the one use case.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 4:09 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 8/24/22 12:22, Hillary Masha wrote:
     > It looks like Windows 10 is unable to open the zip files for windows
     > versions of the binaries 14.5, 13.8, 12.12, 11.17, 10.22. I get this
     > error message when I double click the zip file or when I right
    click and
     > select 'Extract All..'.
     > image.png
     >
     > I was able to successfully unzip files in powershell using the
    command
     > below.
     > image.png

    I sent an email to:

    webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    explaining the issue.

    Is there a reason you can't use the installer?

    Can you do what you need with the files unzipped in PowerShell?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx