Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries

On 8/24/22 12:22, Hillary Masha wrote:
It looks like Windows 10 is unable to open the zip files for windows versions of the binaries 14.5, 13.8, 12.12, 11.17, 10.22. I get this error message when I double click the zip file or when I right click and select 'Extract All..'.
image.png

I cranked  up a Windows 10 machine and I see the same thing.

Using 7-Zip:

https://www.7-zip.org/

for the extraction worked.

Must be something with the Windows built-in unzip code.

I generally keep 7-Zip on Windows machines because it can handle a variety of compressed formats. When you install it will show up in the context menu when you right click on a compressed file.

I was able to successfully unzip files in powershell using the command below.
image.png

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 2:40 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 8/24/22 09:17, Hillary Masha wrote:
     > Thank you Adrian, I was able to unzip the files using powershell,
    my OS
     > is Windows 10 and I had been using Windows' 'Extract All' to try
    to get
     > the files. As well, simply double clicking to open the files
    showed an
     > error stating that windows cannot open this file. I had
    download the zip
     > files from

    https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
    <https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads>

    The files you where trying to open where unzipped with PowerShell or
    'Extract All'(assuming this means from the right click context menu for
    the zip file)?

    Show commands/steps used in each case.

    Which file(s) exactly?

    What is the complete error message?