Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Password reset link / 'less' does not exit in psql version 13.4

On 7/25/22 9:55 AM, Michael J. Baars wrote:

    So the issue is with Fedora not Postgres.

No, it's psql. Setting PAGER to "more -e" solved the problem l, but I never had to before. There are no other variables affecting this behavior, so it must be psql internal default piping command that has changed.

Hmm, I don't see a -e option to 'more' I do see one for 'less'. I'm
guessing 'more' is symlinked to 'less'.

From here:

https://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/faq.html#dashe

"Normally, less doesn't quit until you type "q". You can make it quit as soon as it reaches the end of the file by using the -E option. However, many (but not all) people prefer to have less remain active until they explicitly quit, because they might wish to back up and look at earlier parts of the file again. "

I'm betting that between Fedora 35 and 36 the project changed the configuration of `less` to follow the normal pattern.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx