Search Postgresql Archives

External psql editor

I do all my postgres work using the psql shell. Editing a command reguires
moving character-by-character and I'd like to use my small text editor (joe)
because it allows more control over line movement.

A web search found a stackexchange thread that suggested adding to
~/.bash_profile the line:
export PSQL_EDITOR=/usr/bin/joe
so I did this yesterday.

Today I've learned that the keyboard chords I use in joe in other
applications aren't working here. For example, C-w should delete the word to
the right of the point (cursor location). It doesn't. Instead, it deletes
from the cursor postion to the head of the line. C-x doesn't move the cursor
one word to the right, but cancels the command.

Is there a way for me to specify use of joe at the psql command line? (I'd
use emacs but that's gross overkill.)

Regards,

Rich