Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry

On 4/20/22 12:18, Guyren Howe wrote:
I’ve really only ever worked in web development. 90+% of web developers regard doing anything at all clever in the database with suspicion.

I’m considering working on a book about implementing business logic in Postgres, and I’m curious about how common that actually is.

For my purposes keeping this logic in the database makes changing or running multiple front ends easier. There is one place to change the logic vs keeping the same logic in different front ends in potentially different languages in sync. So for me it is common.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx