Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry

> On Apr 20, 2022, at 3:18 PM, Guyren Howe <guyren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I’ve really only ever worked in web development. 90+% of web developers regard doing anything at all clever in the database with suspicion.
>
> I’m considering working on a book about implementing business logic in Postgres, and I’m curious about how common that actually is.

We have some business logic in Postgres functions, particularly triggers. Our apps are written in Python, and we use pytest to exercise our SQL functions to ensure they're doing what we think they’re doing. It works well for us.

FWIW, we’re not a Web dev shop.

Cheers
Philip