Search Postgresql Archives

Re: WAL Archiving and base backup

On 1/16/22 13:12, Issa Gorissen wrote:

Just to avoid any misunderstanding. I am perfectly happy using the backup/restore with pg_dump and we use it for at least a decade with success for our need of backups.

I am using pgbackrest. I used to use pg_rman, being well acquainted with rman backup tool  belonging to another database system, but pg_rman was removing WAL archives before they were delivered to replica. I have replication slots from the OLTP database to the DW database with partitions, hash and bloom indexes and massive amount of processors, for parallel query. I need the replication to work. In addition to that, pgbackrest can employ parallelism while pg_rman cannot do that. I find pgbackrest by far the best Postgres backup system.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant