Search Postgresql Archives

Re: The postgres server don't work

On 1/8/22 15:29, Mohammed falih wrote:
yes I think the service doesn't even start

I have only the default protection that comes with the operating system

wow the postgres started working!! but the problem came back that talks about console code " WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)

8-bit characters mightnot  work correctly. See psql reference
          page "Notes for Windows users"for  details."

I don't use Windows anymore so I am going from memory here. In the Windows menu there should be an entry for Postgres and its sub-programs. One of those should be named something like psql or database shell. Click on that, it will run a shell script that prompts you for connection information and if I remember correctly also takes care of the above issue.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx