Search Postgresql Archives

Re: The postgres server don't work

On 1/8/22 14:47, Mohammed falih wrote:
I mean by broken that when I run psql shell or padding I receive this error " " could not connect to server: Connection
refused (0x0000274D/10061)
  Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
       TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

and about the log file , usually this problem happens after my laptop turned off or restart
so last line in the log file is "database system is shut down"
and no matter how many times I tried by restart the laptop nothing  changes

I am not following '...usually this problem happens after my laptop turned off or restart...'. This would seem to imply that the service does start sometimes. Is that the case?

the ex files are all in their right location , and I tried both ways in regular running and as administrator and nothing different

yes the postgres.exe is exist there

Do you have an Anti-Virus program running on this machine?

and about the console code problem ,yes maybe this error is related to the client but I realized that after I make this solution and make restart to the laptop , the postgres begins to not working ,maybe this was a coincidence I don't know

Then undo the changes and see what happens? I sort of doubt it is the issue though.

thank you for your efforts
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022, 9:45 pm Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Adrian Klaver