Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Selecting table row with latest date

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Alright now I am confused. You keep referring to contact_date, yet the
query is referring to next_contact. Are they the same thing, different
things or other?

Adrian,

The table has 5 columns: person_nbr, contact_date, contact_type, notes, and
next_contact.

I want the query to find all person_nbr whose most recent contact_date has a
next_contact date <= today. I don't need prior contact_dates and their
next_contact dates because some go back several years. I want to know those
I need to contact again based on our most recent contact.

HTH,

Rich