Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Need to omit time during weekends from age calculations

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM David Gauthier <davegauthierpg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Joe.  I think the nonweekendhours solution should be good enough for what I need.

Yes, holidays too would be the best.  But for practical purposes, excluding Sat&Sun is good enough for this particular problem.

I've solved this in the past with a time dimension table that includes columns labeling weekends and holidays.  Then I can query for the count of intervals (for whatever interval size my time dimension uses) in the date range joined to time_dimension where weekday is true and holiday is false, and multiply the count by the number of hours in an interval.