Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres prepare statement caching issue in postgres command line

On 5/22/21 4:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Soumya Prasad Ukil <soumyo_ju@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I have been using postgres prepare statement feature through JDBC. I could see the same prepare statement multiple times, parsing is not happening in postgres backend, which is expected. However I do the same in psql command line, that does not happen. It goes to parsing every time I execute
Perhaps "set plan_cache_mode = force_generic_plan" would help you.

Bear in mind that this is likely to be a net loss overall.

This (poorly) works around the problem, but does not answer the question.