Search Postgresql Archives

Advice on binary installation

Hi,

We assume to get more than 100 Postgres clusters in the future.

We will get a very heterogeneous binary installation basis if we install needed extensions (e.g. ip4r) or software (e.g. patroni) on a per project basis.

There could be even more incompatibility problems otherwise if we install all global needed extensions or software with every project to get a homogenous binary installation.

Software installation is done with yum using PGDG downstream channels.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Markus