Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Open source licenses

On 3/18/21 6:32 AM, DAVID Nicolas wrote:
Dear PostgreSQL Team,

We are a software editor that historically use PostgreSQL for one of our product.

We currently use the version 9.6 since many years and now we would like to update to the last version 13.2.

However, before that, we would like to check some points regarding the embedded components and their licenses.

First, we install PostgreSQL with our installer using the Zip archive of binaries (for Windows) provided by EDB (available from your website).

It seems that the EDB Zip archive embed PgAdmin and StackBuilder in addition to the PostgreSQL server.

Do you know if some others modules are added by EDB ?

That is it:

~/postgresql-13.2-1-windows-x64-binaries/pgsql> ls
bin  doc  include  lib  pgAdmin 4  share  StackBuilder  symbols

Then, it appears that the PostgreSQL server links some open source components that are not under the PostgreSQL license( ex: openssl, libcharset, ...).

Could you please provide a list of the components included in the PostgreSQL server, with the OpenSource license type for each component ? Or even, if possible, with the license file for each component ?

That is going to depend on what the settings where when the source was compiled. The question is what is your concern?

Best regards,

**

*Nicolas DAVID**
*WORKNC DENTAL Project Manager

Manufacturing Intelligence division

*Hexagon*

*E:***_nicolas.david@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nicolas.david@xxxxxxxxxxx>_

__

Hexagon

440 Route des Allogneraies

71850 Charnay-les-Mâcon

France

_HexagonMI.com <https://www.hexagonmi.com/en-GB>_|_LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/hexagon-manufacturing-intelligence/>_|_Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/HexagonMI>_ |_Twitter <https://twitter.com/HexagonMI>_

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx