Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgAgent for multiple databases in same instance

Hi Adam ,

Thank you for the such a good explaination , actually in same instance dba's are looking to create multiple QA databases and we had jobs in oracle for archiving and some business functionality so I created pgagent extension in multiple databases ,in our application end users can submit job from front end so we have procedures to do that submit job operation so if i understand your explanation correctly.

I should install pgAgent only on one db like edb or postgres db and create db link in other db's to connect to it to submit jobs in it as those jobs will be for different db's.

In this case it will be only one pgAgent instance ,so from architecture point of view does it make sense to you.

Regards,
Sandeep