Search Postgresql Archives

Re: unexpected character used as group separator by to_char

Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Having a database with the proper lc_numeric setting for each country, and using to_char/to_number to manipulate numbers is much more appealing than writing my own parser in my front end. But this weird space is getting in my way.

The point here is that 'G' and related format codes act as specified by
your LC_MONETARY locale.  If you don't like the results, you need to use
a different locale.

(I suppose you could also use regexp_replace to convert random forms
of whitespace to plain ASCII space.)

			regards, tom lane