Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_restore - generated column - not populating

Right. pg_dump under the pgAdmin runtime folder works perfectly.  pg_dump in postgres13 (ubuntu) does not work. Exact same syntax.

When I try to restore, the backup that was taken using pgAdmin's version restores properly but the one taken using postgres13's pg_dump, restores the database but does not populate the generated columns. Strange!!

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:50 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/23/21 7:39 AM, Santosh Udupi wrote:
> Got it. Must be the version difference. I run pgAdmin on Windows PC but
> direct pg_dump on Ubuntu 20.04.

The OS does not really make a difference it is the pg_dump/restore
versions and the Postgres server(s) versions that are important.