Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_restore - generated column - not populating

On 2/22/21 5:08 PM, Santosh Udupi wrote:
Hi all,

My database has tables with generated columns. I altered a table and added a generated column as below:

    alter table billing add primary_bill_to_id int   GENERATED ALWAYS as
    ((info->>'vp')::int) stored

Now, when I do the pg_dump and pg_restore, this column does not get populated. It remains null

"Info" is the jsonb column in the table and info->>'vp' has values in multiple rows but still generated column "primary_bill_to_id" is null after the restore

I am using postgres version 13

Can you tell me what am I missing?

Without the commands you used to do the dump and restore it will be difficult to come to any conclusions. It would also be helpful to look at the Postgres logs from the restore to see if there are any error messages.

Thank you for your help.
Santosh

--
Adrian Klaver