Search Postgresql Archives

Re: CLUSTER, VACUUM, and TABLESPACEs (oh my)

Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 à 03:27, Demitri Muna <postgresql@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Jan 24, 2021, at 9:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> VACUUM FULL unclusters the table??
>
> It will rebuild the table without sorting the data according to the index used with CLUSTER (without any sorting actually).

Thank you for the clarification; that’s very helpful. For the case above. If I CLUSTER a table, add/delete no rows, then VACUUM, will the existing order remain or be changed?

As long as you don't insert or update any rows, the order should remain even after a VACUUM FULL.