Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Need help with trigger

On 23-01-2021 18:17, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Saturday, January 23, 2021, Condor <condor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello ppl,

I need help with trigger how to replace insert command with update.
External program read data from one table and in every 30 min I need
to refresh data in arhive table.
What I want is: if data already inserted and end_date is not
changed, only to update lastseen column. If data not exists to
insert data and if data exists and end_date is changed
to update end_date, lastseen and sendto columns. Well, update
probably will never happened, this functionality is left for
frontend but its can be cut off.

Seems like an insert on conflict would be simpler.  Otherwise, what is
your question or concern?

David J.

This was my first approach, but as the sample data I provide, end_date will always be updated not only if it is changed and my goal is to have no meaningless records. My question is there a way to update the trigger instead of inserting.

HS