Search Postgresql Archives

Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation

On 11/14/20 8:24 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 1:48 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Which is an indication that for changes of this scope it would be
    prudent to create a mock up and have end users see and comment on
    before
    rolling them out.

There were mockups and people did provide comments.  Do you have any

Where were they announced and when?

concrete suggestions on what should have been done, or done differently?

Yes my concrete suggestion was a return to previous layout. It was rejected out of hand. I still think that the previous layout is a significant improvement over the current layout. Namely, you could see more and pick out the information quicker. The current setup is as Kevin said an amorphous 'wall of text'. Losing the columns was a big mistake, they should be returned.

David J.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx