Search Postgresql Archives

Re: UUID generation problem

On 10/5/20 8:43 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:

On Mon, October 5, 2020 10:53, Tom Lane wrote:

That seems to show quite definitively that public is not in your
search_path, which contradicts the current_schemas() result you
gave earlier.  I continue to suspect that you are somehow
confusing yourself by testing in different databases and/or
with different user accounts.

Possibly.  I do not make any definitive claims at this point.  However, the
application properties of the DB connection are:

Connection=xyzCConnection[name\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca
{localhost-idempiere-idempiere_dbadmin},
AppsHost\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca,
WebPort\=8080,
SSLPort\=8443,
type\=PostgreSQL,
DBhost\=localhost,
DBport\=5432,
DBname\=idempiere,
BQ\=false,
FW\=false,
FWhost\=,
FWport\=0,
UID\=idempiere_dbadmin,
PWD\=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

This indicates that the DB name is idempiere and that the DB connection user
name is idempiere_dbadmin.

psql shows this:

[root@accounting-2 ~ (master)]# psql --dbname=idempiere
--username=idempiere_dbadmin
Password for user idempiere_dbadmin:
psql (11.8)
Type "help" for help.

idempiere=# \l
                                       List of databases
         Name         |       Owner       | Encoding | Collate | Ctype |
Access privileges
---------------------+-------------------+----------+---------+-------+-----------------------
  idempiere           | idempiere_dbadmin | UTF8     | C       | C     |
  lsmb_access_test_db | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
  postgres            | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
  template0           | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
=c/postgres          +
                      |                   |          |         |       |
postgres=CTc/postgres
  template1           | postgres          | UTF8     | C       | C     |
=c/postgres          +
                      |                   |          |         |       |
postgres=CTc/postgres
  testcompany         | lsmb_dbadmin      | UTF8     | C       | C     |
(6 rows)

The username idempiere_dbadmin does not exist in /etc/passwd.

It would not unless it was an OS/system user also. It is just a Postgres database user name(role).

idempiere=# \dx
                             List of installed extensions
    Name    | Version |   Schema   |                   Description
-----------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------
  plpgsql   | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
  uuid-ossp | 1.1     | public     | generate universally unique identifiers
(UUIDs)

Your previous posts show uuid-ossp and its functions installed somewhere. The issue is that the functions are not being found unless they are schema qualified and that has to do with search_path.

The idempiere database was created before I added the uuid-ossp extension. That
possibly bears on this matter.

That is the natural order of events. The database has to exist before you can add an extension to it. Unless you are saying that you did not build the extension until after the database was created.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx