Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can't remove default permissions entry

On 5/27/20 10:06 AM, Christophe Pettus wrote:
On RDS (thus, no superuser) we are trying to drop a user.  The only remaining item that the user owns is an "empty" default permissions entry, but we can't seem to get rid of it so that the user can be dropped:

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Have you tried?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html

"If you wish to drop a role for which the default privileges have been altered, it is necessary to reverse the changes in its default privileges or use DROP OWNED BY to get rid of the default privileges
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
entry for the role."

So:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-drop-owned.html

Logged in as xyuser:

db=> \ddp+
                     Default access privileges
    Owner    |    Schema     |   Type   |    Access privileges
------------+---------------+----------+--------------------------
  xyuser     |               | table    |

db=> ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR USER xyuser REVOKE ALL ON TABLES FROM xyuser;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
db=> \ddp+

--
-- Christophe Pettus