Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?

On 5/8/20 12:28 PM, Tory M Blue wrote:

    So what are you using to do the ALTER you mentioned earlier?

alter user 'user' with password 'password';   I run this after, because as I've shown the upgrade is changing this single password, the why is the question. I can recover, by changing it obviously as seen above. This allows the production workload to work :)

So are just making up a new password.

    So to be clear both the 9.5 and 12 instance are running on the same OS
    version?

Same exact box, same hardware, same kernel same everything.  I'm literally, sshing into my 9.5 box that has been running for years and running a postgres upgrade.. This one particular password is being changed, and again since it's an MD5 hash, there is no way for me (or anyone I think) to map that to a regular pass..

I'm out of ideas at the moment. Got to go finish cutting down a tree, maybe the chainsaw will shake an another idea loose:)

-Tory

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx