Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?

On 5/8/20 12:16 PM, Tory M Blue wrote:
Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

    To maybe answer that:

    1) Can you find out what the clear text version of the password is? Not
    necessary to share here, just indicate anything special about it.

I can't, MD5 hashed, I don't know of a way to turn that into a password.  But I did pull the MD5 hashs from all my DB's in all environments and none match, so this ons is a ghost.

So what are you using to do the ALTER you mentioned earlier?

    2) What is the encoding/character set for the database?

  UTF8

    3) What is the OS and version?

CentOS 7.2/7.7

    4) Has the OS been recently updated/upgraded?

Not on this box, I will be doing a kernel upgrade from 7.2 to 7.7 after.  But it's not something that has happened between upgrades. 9.5 has been running on an older 7.2 kernel for a few years.

So to be clear both the 9.5 and 12 instance are running on the same OS version?

Thanks
Tory

--
Adrian Klaver