Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to install check_postgres on CentOS 8?

Am 2020-02-26 17:23, schrieb Paul Förster:
Hi Rainer,

I'd suggest that your perl package is the most recent. Just a wild
guess, though. But what I'd suggest more is that you download the
source archive and compile the whole package yourself for your target
platform.

This is what I always do. I never install a precompiled rpm. This way,
I make sure that the resulting installation works on my system. It's
actually pretty easy to do and takes only 3-4 minutes to compile
everything. It's not like you'd have to wait hours for the build to
finish.

It's really a perl-script, there's nothing to compile AFAIK.

I installed the other dependency that it needs by hand then force-install it.

It looks like we don't need the functionality that actually needs the missing perl module.